Avocado and Vegetable Salad is a more healthful guacamole served at the Oaks. Ojai is avocado and citrus-rich. Guacamole is always a favorite. Here’s a healthful take, incorporating more nutrition and fewer calories and a lot less fat. At The Oaks, this salad can also be paired with crisp jicama triangles– or corn chips we bake with corn tortillas, no fat or salt added.
- 1 avocado, diced very finely
- 3 T. of each of the following vegetables, finely diced carrots, jicama, green olives, tomato, red bell pepper
- 2 T. minced red or green onion
- 2 T. minced cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 T. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 T. olive oil
Combine all of the vegetables, garlic, juice and oil before folding gently into the avocado. Use as a garnish for a chicken or tuna salad or center it in a pile of greens.
Makes approx. 2 ½ cups Serving Size: ½ cup Number of servings: 5 Calories: 125