- 14 pieces Melba toast, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 7 ounces fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 18 ounces fat free half and half
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces pure coconut extract
- ¼ cup shredded sweetened coconut and an additional 1 tablespoon, toasted
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 3 cups fat free whipped topping
- Grind the Melba toast to fine crumbs in a food processor. Combine with the two tablespoons of sugar and the butter, then press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick pan spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine the next 5 ingredients in the top of a double boiler, and cook, stirring, until thickened (6-8 minutes).
- Combine the egg products in a second bowl and then whisk in a thin stream of the hot liquid (about 2 cups). Whisk all back into the double boiler and cook, stirring, until further thickened (2 minutes). Off heat, add the vanilla, coconut extract and ¼ cup coconut
- Top the crust with the bananas, then pour the custard over. Chill 4 hours. Top with whipped topping and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.