Side Dish: Corn Pudding
Corn pudding (also referred to as baked corn) is a classic southern comfort food. There are many variations although this recipe is healthier version of the southern classic.
Corn pudding can be served year round, however it often makes an appearance at the Thanksgiving or Easter dinner table.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 50 minutes
Yields: 24 Servings
- 2 T sugar
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg replacer (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 T butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups frozen corn, thawed or fresh (20 less calories)
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 4 oz. shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, milk, egg replacer, butter and salt. Stir in the frozen corn, cream-style corn and cheese.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place baking dish in oven. Bake uncovered at 375°F for 50-55 minutes.
Corn Pudding Nutritional Value (per serving):
Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Sodium: 201 mg
Carbohydrate: 17 g
Fiber: 1.5 g