This Recipe is compliments of Red Mountain Resort, a member of Destination Spa Group.
- 4 Quail, semi-boneless (4 oz. each)
- 4 Tbsp. goat cheese (1 oz. per serving)
- Jerk seasoning (recipe below)
- Pomegranate reduction (recipe below)
- Basmati wild rice pilaf (recipe below)
- Stuff quail with 1 oz. goat cheese.
- Dredge stuffed quail in jerk seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
- Top each cooked quail with 1 Tbsp. Pomegranate reduction.
- Serve with ½ cup Basmati wild rice pilaf.
Jerk Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. fructose (can substitute sugar)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon Seasoning
- Mix all ingredients well.
Pomegranate Reduction Ingredients:
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. agave syrup
- Reduce pomegranate juice to 1/4 cup (be sure it has a syrup consistency).
- Add agave syrup and stir.
Basmati Wild Rice Pilaf Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. pure olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. diced yellow onions
- 2 Tbsp. diced carrots
- 2 Tbsp. diced celery
- 1 cup basmati white rice
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup cooked wild rice
- Bring pure olive oil to smoke point.
- Add diced yellow onions, carrots and celery. Sauté until onion starts to turn clear.
- Add basmati white rice, stir and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes
- Stir in tarragon, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until done.
- Mix in cooked wild rice.