- 24 oz marinara sauces, favorite jarred or fresh
- 1 lb. whole wheat egg noodle
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1-2 cups low fat ricotta cheese, find a brand you like
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh basil chopped
- In a sauce pan, boil water for your noodles. In a bowl combine your ricotta, basil, garlic, and 1 tsp of Parmesan cheese. In a sauce pan add your sauce noodles, and the ricotta mixture. Over low flame toss till heated through. Remove from heat and serve.
Great way to enjoy a family favorite without all the calories and fat. Whole wheat noodles and low fat cheese cut the calories. Very quick to prepare and the whole family will enjoy it. Serve with a side vegetable or large salad.