For an interesting and healthier twist to the tried-and-true potato salad, try this version made with sweet potatoes.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons scallion
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Place the sweet potatoes into a roasting pan with a light spraying of cooking spray. Roast them for 1 hour at 375 degrees or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the red pepper and scallions to the potatoes and toss with the dressing. Season again with salt and pepper.
To Serve: Serve warm, or refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): Calories: 228, Fat: 12 g (48.0% calories from fat), Protein: 2 g, Carbohydrate: 28 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 20 mg,
Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 ½ Fat