Good news for chocolate lovers : “Dark chocolate contains 70 percent cocoa and provides the body with polyphenols that fight cancer. Resveratrol in red wine possesses powerful anti-cancer activity.” (Source: Richard Beliveau studies and book. Read more).
The most amazing about this cake is… there’s no flour at all in it! And it’s terribly easy to prepare…
- 240g of egg whites at room temperature (8 units)
- 115g (1/2 cup) fine sugar cane
- 80g (approx 3 oz) of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 ml (1tsp) baking powder (alum free)
- 250ml (1 cup) of orange marmalade with spices
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of soy beverage
- 210g (1 1/3 cup) dark chocolate 70%, broken into small pieces
The zest of an orange (for decoration)
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F)
- With a mixer, beat the egg whites while progressively adding the sugar till it rises like a nice meringue. Sift together the cocoa powder and baking powder. Add to meringue very delicately using a spatula. Pour into a spring-form cake mould of 20 cm (8 in) in diameter that has been greased and floured. Insert into oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let it cool 5 minutes, then remove from mould. Set on a cake plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the cake in two horizontally. Spread marmalade on one side and cover with the other half.
- In a pan, bring the soy beverage to a boil, and then pour over the chocolate. Mix till the chocolate pieces have dissolved into a smooth texture and proceed to frost the cake. Decorate with orange zest.
To Serve: Cool. Serve. And Enjoy!