One of the goals for the Journey into Wellbeing is to take traditional recipes and redo them in a healthier fashion. For the Kentucky show the chef, Bobby Benjamin, chose to redo blackberry cobbler. I was fortunate enough to try it right out of the over during the shoot and can vouch for its awesomeness. With my recent diagnosis of food sensitivities I decided to take a stab at redoing the redo…(wow that’s a mouthful). My subs here are basic and work really well.
Blueberries are one of the highest anti-oxidant fruits and will boost your immune system and keep your urinary tract system healthy. Fresh blueberries are the best option. You’ll want blueberries that are firm, uniform in color and move freely when you shake the container. If you decide to buy frozen blueberries, shake the bag and only buy if the berries move freely. If they are clumped together most likely they have thawed and been refrozen.
You can find Chef Benjamin’s original redo HERE.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 oz. dark rum
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. local honey
- 3 T Gluten Free Granola
- 1 T Coconut Flour
- 1T brown sugar
- 1 T Ghee, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Coat four 4oz. ramekins with cooking spray
- Combine berries, rum, honey and vanilla in a bowl; toss well.
- In separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Mix until moist and crumbly.
- Add berry-mixture to ramekins. Spread crumble onto the fruit mixture.
- Place the ramekins in the oven and bake the cobblers for approx. 20 minutes. (or until golden brown.)
- Top with vanilla coconut ice cream for extra goodness