This Recipe is compliments of BODY Cafe of Santa Fe – Fresh Interpretations of Classic Pub Fare
Craving something fried, but don’t want to compromise your health? How do Raw “Fried” Onion Rings sound? BODY of Santa Fe came up with this healthy twist on traditional onion rings.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 large sweet onion cut into rings
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 Cup ground golden flax seeds
- 1/2 Cup ground cashews
- 1-2 Tsp. paprika
- Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Dip each onion ring into the 2nd coating, then the 1st coating and again into the 2nd coating.
- Place coated onion rings on mesh screen and place into dehydrator for 8-14 hours at 108 degrees (or until crispy).