This Recipe is compliments of Heartland Spa, a Destination Spa Group member.
The New Heartland Spa Recipe Collection is now available for purchase (Call 1-800-545-4853).
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 ⅔ cups sliced mushrooms
- ⅜ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 ⅔ cups potato, red
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 3 ⅓ cups frozen corn kernels
- 20 ounces chicken, precooked, diced
- 5 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Melt butter in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk, stirring with a whisk. Add the potato, thyme, salt, pepper, and corn, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in diced chicken and 2 tablespoons green onions; cover; reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onions.
Yield: 10 servings
Per serving: (1 ¼ cups)
Calories: 267, Fat: 12 g (38.1% calories from fat), Protein: 15 g, Carbohydrates: 28 g,
Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Cholesterol: 53 mg, Sodium: 301 mg