This recipe is compliments of The Oaks at Ojai, a Destination Spa Group member.
This Kiwi and Raspberry Salad is made with Butter Lettuce & Raspberry Vinaigrette (recipe included). This fresh and delicious recipe is sure to brighten your table this spring…
Servings: 6 Calories per serving, including 1 Tbsp. vinaigrette: 50
- 1 large head butter lettuce
- 2 large kiwis
- ½ box raspberries
- Wash lettuce and separate leaves. Line each salad plate with a whole leaf and tear the rest into bite-sized pieces. Distribute among plates.
- Peel and slice each kiwi into approximately eight slices.
- Put three slices on each salad.
- Distribute raspberries among each salad.
- Dress each salad with a tablespoon of the vinaigrette below:
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. agave or honey
- 1 ½ tsp. arrowroot or cornstarch
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar (or mash other ½ basket of raspberries with ½ c. red wine vinegar)
- 2 tsp. stone ground mustard
- Combine the water, agave and cornstarch in a small saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Stir over low heat until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir the vinegar and mustard into the first mixture.
- Cool dressing before using.