This Shrimp Stack recipe is a colorful, fancy mold piled with large shrimp, avocado, fresh fruits and balanced with flavors of jalapeño and cilantro.
- 12 large shrimp, cleaned and poached
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced (optional)
- Leaves of 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Cut the shrimp into halves and combine with the avocados, tomatoes, mango, scallions and jalapeño chile in a medium bowl. Add the cilantro and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper and toss to mix well.
- Pack the mixture into molds or plastic cups and chill in the refrigerator. Invert onto serving plates and garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve with large croutons.
- You may add tabouli or legumes to the stack for added carbohydrates; alternative protein sources work just as well.
- You may add chopped, peeled kiwi fruit to the stack if desired.
Yields 4 servings
Nutrition per serving: CAL: 215; CARB: 22g; PRO: 7g; FAT: 13g; FIBER: 9g; CHOL: 32 mg; SOD: 49 mg