This recipe is compliments of Amie Valpone, Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple, LLC
This simple Swiss chard pasta dish calls for summer oranges, fresh scallions n’ cilantro all bundled together with fresh Swiss chard and gluten-free pasta.
Prep time: 4 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 14 mins
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 cup Heartland Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head Swiss chard, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Cook penne according to package directions. Remove from heat; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook Swiss chard in olive oil over medium heat until wilted, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add cooked penne, olives, cilantro, scallions, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper; gently toss to combine.
- Serve warm.
Serving Size: 1 c Calories: 148.5 cal • Fat: 7.9 g • Protein: 2.8 g • Carb: 17.3 g • Fiber: 2.7 g • Sugar: 1.3 g • Sodium: 516.6 mg