I was vegetarian for years and during that time, still craved the savory taste of chicken wings. When I began to eat poultry again, this was the first thing on the menu. Most wings in restaurants are breaded and fried, so I came up with a recipe that removes the breading and oil from the frying. Trust me…these are good!
Makes about 30
In a small bowl blend the following:
- 1 T chipotle powder
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- If you like it spicy – add in a few shakes of cayenne
- 2 ½ lbs pounds chicken wings, drummies and flats separated
- Olive Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Spray oil to cover the bottom of a flat baking dish
- Clean and prep the chicken wings. Pat dry and spray lightly with the spray oil.
- Place the wings in a large zip lock baggie. Sprinkle the seasoning in the bag and shake to coat all wings. You can marinate in the rub overnight, or use immediately
- Place wings in oiled pan in a single layer
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 30-40 minutes. Check biggest wing to make sure it is cooked through. You can flip these half way through. I like to utilize the last 5 minutes to put a quick broil to crisp up the skins.
Serve hot, dig in and enjoy!