Get in gear for football season with this healthy and yummy Football fan snack bowl. These crispy potato skins are sure to score big with any crowd. They’ve got big taste and serious crunch, but because they’re also low-fat, high-fiber, and low-sodium, they’re a heart-healthy munchie for game day or any day. You can use any number of herbs or spices to season the potato skins. Try fresh basil, chives, dill, garlic, cayenne pepper, caraway seed, tarragon or thyme.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash the potatoes and pierce with a fork. Place in the oven and bake until the skins are crisp, about 1 hour.
- Carefully – potatoes will be very hot – cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the pulp, leaving about 1/8 inch of the potato flesh attached to the skin. Save the pulp for another use.
- Spray the inside of each potato skin with butter-flavored cooking spray. Press in the rosemary and pepper. Return the skins to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped, fire-roasted red peppers or low-sodium turkey bacon and low-fat yogurt dipping sauce. Serve immediately.