Try this healthy appetizer from Golden Door Spa in California next time your entertaining or want to make a delicious snack for yourself! The flavors and textures are mouthwatering!
- 12 (1/4 inch thick) diagonally sliced whole grain baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese (chevre) or other soft, spreadable goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1-1/2 cups red seedless grapes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons green onion, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and the garlic; brush on bread. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake 12 minutes or until bread is lightly golden.
- Remove toasted bread slices from oven and change oven setting to broil. Spread goat cheese evenly over each crostini and broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until goat cheese is melted.
- In small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over low heat. Add minced shallot and cook until golden brown. Transfer shallot to medium mixing bowl. Add grapes, green onion, mint, and balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Spoon heaping tablespoon of grape mixture over each crostini and serve. Makes 6 servings (12 crostini).
This recipe redo is Courtesy of: Golden Door Destination Spa, California