- ¼ cup firmly packed fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts (see note), chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pecans (see note), chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 5 cups fresh green beans, cut into ½-inch lengths
- Put the spinach, parsley, basil, walnuts, pecans, and salt in a food processor and pulse until coarsely pureed. Add the oil and garlic and pulse again until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Boil or steam the green beans until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the pesto with the green beans and toss well.
Note: To toast the walnuts and pecans, preheat the oven to 275°. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Check after 10 minutes, then again every 2 minutes until golden.
Remove from the oven. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
For the complete meal pictured, see the other recipes that accompany this dish…