This recipe is compliments of Executive Chef Brett Sparman from Luminaria, the award-winning restaurant inside Santa Fe’s AAA Four Diamond hotel, the Inn and Spa at Loretto. Luminaria’s menu features dishes symbolizing the crossroads of modern and traditional southwestern soul cuisine, inspired by the Anasazi culture. With strong flavors and a sense of southwestern heritage, Luminaria Restaurant creates a memorable culinary experience for each guest.
Four Part Recipe:
2 lb tofu marinated and grilled (recipe below)
16 oz roasted corn quinoa ( recipe below)
8 oz chipotle crema (recipe below)
8 oz pico de gallo (recipe below)
ROASTED CORN QUINOA
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup red quinoa
- ½ cup black quinoa
- 2 ears grilled sweet corn, kernels removed from cob
- 2 each roasted poblano peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese
- 2 each avocados, chopped, pit and skin removed
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 each limes juiced
- 2 each cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbls chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, sweet corn, poblano peppers, cilantro, cotija cheese, and avocados.
- To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour dressing over the salad and stir until mixed well. Taste salad and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately or chilled.
Cilantro marinade for Tofu
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 each cloves garlic
- 2 each green onions, chopped
- 1 each jalapeno chile, chopped
………place in a blender and puree till smooth
Place tofu in a bowl and marinate for 4 hours to overnight.
Pico de Gallo
- 1 ½ cups seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper
In a bowl combine all ingredients.
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
In a bowl, mix the half-and-half, cream, and sour cream. Let crema sit at room temperature for 24 hours to develop culture.
In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the cream mixture with the peppers, adobo sauce, and salt. Process on high speed until smooth.
So let’s Cook………………..
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Spray the grill with nonstick spray so tofu can be moved around on the grill.
- Place tofu on the grill and grill 6 to 8 minutes on each side, season lightly with salt while on the grill.
- Remove tofu from the grill and place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, with a sharp knife slice tofu in to even pieces about 1 inch thick
- Place a mound of the quinoa salad in the center of a plate.
- Top with sliced tofu
- Squirt some chipotle crema on top and then with pico de gallo
- Drizzle with a little bit of left over dressing from quinoa salad!