Carrie Forrest is a graduate student in public health nutrition, author of the popular blog, Carrie on Vegan, and creator of the best-selling app for iPhones and iPads, Vegan Delish, featuring over 100 recipes made with no oil, salt, or added sugars. As a thyroid cancer survivor, she is keenly aware of the health benefits of a whole foods, plant-based diet. Carrie has been vegan since 2010 based on her love for animals and a commitment to making the world a more compassionate place.
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon unsalted tahini
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans and place into a medium-sized bowl.
- Chop celery and add to bowl.
- Add tahini, relish, mustard, miso, and onion to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve over chopped romaine as a salad entrée, wrapped in a tortilla for a wrap, or on toasted bread for a sandwich.
Nutritional Info Per Serving (1/2 cup): calories 150 • fat 4.5 g • protein 7 g • carb 22 g • fiber 6 g • sugar 6 g • sodium 150 mg.