No doubt about it, Ahi tuna is a super food. Not only is it a great source of lean protein and packed to the gills with nutrients like vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium and iron, but they also taste great and can be prepared with a wide variety of recipes. This recipe incorporates a creamy edamame puree that with amp up the fiber, protein and vitamin/mineral content of this recipe. Enjoy!
This Recipe is compliments of Red Mountain Resort and Spa in Utah.
and Crispy Rice Noodle Daikon Salad
sesame crusted ahi tuna
- 16 ounces tuna.
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds.
- 8 ounces edamame puree.
- 1/8 cup daikon salad.
- 1 teaspoon soy dressing.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat with sesame seeds and pan sear. Cook until you have your desired temperature.
- Mix the daikon with the dressing.
- Place the puree in the center of the plate, tope with the tuna and salad and finish with the fried rice noodles.
- 3 cups edamame beans.
- 1 cup onion chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic chopped.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 cups soy,rice or almond milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cook garlic, onions and edamame till tender.
- Place in blender with cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, sriracha sauce, soy mile and olive oil and puree till smooth.
Nutrition Information: 1 serving – 2.4 oz, or 1/16 of this recipe. 98 Calories/57g Fat/6. Carbohydrates/5g. Protein/2g. fiber
soy dressing for daikon salad
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1. Whisk together and mix with diakon salad. This dish makes 36 – 1/2 oz. servings.
Nutrition information: 1 serving – 1/2 oz. 4 Calories/0g. Fat/5g. Carbohydrates/trace protein/trace fiber.
rice noodle daikon salad
- 1/2 cup fried rice noodles
- 4 cups radish daikon julienned
- 4 cups radish sprouts
1. Simply mix together. This dish makes 32 – 1/2 oz. servings.
Nutrition Information: based on 4 oz. Tuna with puree and 1 serving of salad: 466 Calories/22g. fat/33g. carbohydrates/41g. protein/11g fiber.
Nutrition information: 1 serving – .7 oz. 8 Calories/trace Fat/2g. Carbohydrates/trace protein/trace fiber.