Pop-Eye would be proud! Get your greens this weekend and try this recipe from the Destination Spa Group.
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained, and squeeze
- liquid out
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 12 egg whites, slightly beaten
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream (if desired)
- Mix frozen chopped spinach, onion, and beaten eggs in large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup egg mixture per pancake.
- Sprinkle about 1 Tablespoon feta cheese on top of each pancake.
- Cook 2 minutes per side turning once, until the pancake is golden brown on both sides.
- Top each serving with 2 Tablespoons low fat sour cream, if desired.
Yield 4 servings (2 pancakes each)
Nutritional Analysis per serving (without sour cream):
196 Calories, 20.3 g protein, 8.7g Fat (5g Sat Fat), 9.8g Carbohydrate, 2.8g Fiber,
131mg Cholesterol, 570mg Sodium.
With whole-fat sour cream: 248 Calories, 21g protein, 13.7g fat (8.1g Sat Fat),
141.7mg Cholesterol, 583.3mg Sodium.