Oh Yeah! Working on my Holiday Recipe Redo’s! I’m thinking some Non-Dairy, Non-Egg Eggnog is in order! Eggnog always played a role in the holidays when I was growing up. I can remember my mom spending quite a bit of time making it. For my new eating style, I wanted to preserve the flavor of the cinnamon and nutmeg, but remove the items that irritate my tummy. After some experimentation, this recipe satisfied my desire to have an eggnog tasting drink without any of the guilt or tummy upset.
- 1 Banana (frozen)
- 1 C Vanilla Coconut or Almond Milk Ice Cream (dairy-free)
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Dash of ground cloves
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ t cinnamon
- 4 cups Coconut/Almond Milk (Use less if you like it thicker like a milkshake)
- Rum to taste – or rum extract
- In a blender add all the ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and garnish with a cinnamon stick
Drink up and enjoy!!