This makes a particularly wonderful treat for the holidays—you can personalize the creation for each person on your gift list with the tastes they like best! Purchase some candy papers and small boxes, wrap with a colorful bow and you have a beautiful, healthful gift that you made yourself!
- 4 oz. of your favorite dark chocolate—approximately one cup, chopped (60%-72% cocoa level recommended for ultimate health benefits)
- 2 oz. raw nuts and dried fruit (use what you like, combine and experiment—walnuts, cashews ,pecans, dried cranberries or raisins, Pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds)
- After chopping the chocolate, put it in a small glass bowl and carefully melt it in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, whisking until completely melted.
- On a piece of parchment or wax paper, arrange the nuts and fruit in a rectangle or square, in one layer, but close together.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over fruit and nuts, and use a spatula to create an even covering, pushing the sides in to cover. You can sprinkle the top with slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, minced candied ginger, raw coconut—the possibilities are endless!
- Refrigerate one half hour. Cut into 12 equal pieces (three x four) and enjoy—one piece at a time for a special 70 calorie treat! Each piece will be ½ ounce featuring protein and antioxidants, deliciousness and flavonals.