A riff on the classic potato chip cookie, we love this recipe from Enjoy Life Foods!
Makes about 30 cookies
- 1 ½ c. gluten free flour blend
- ½ c. buckwheat flour
- ½ t. xanthan gum
- ½ t. sea salt
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1 ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ c. shortening or your favorite allergy free butter substitute, melted
- 4 T. rice milk
- 1 t. chia seed + 1 T. water
- ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 c. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 ½ c. Enjoy Life Light Sea Salt Plentils™, hand crushed
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the gluten free flour blend, buckwheat flour, xanthan gym, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda and packed brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted shortening, rice milk, chia-water mixture, unsweetened applesauce and vanilla.
- Blend the dry mixture with the wet mixture until well beaten, about 1 minute with hand blender or stand mixer.
- By hand stir in the Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels and the hand crushed Plentils™. Scoop by the tablespoon-full onto the parchment lined sheet trays and bake at 350 for 14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on tray then remove to cool completely.
Originally posted Jan 20, 2014 14:04 pm – Posted by Enjoy Life Foods