Don’t let its thorny exterior intimidate you. The humble artichoke offers a bounty of flavor and nutrition — especially in this Artichoke Veggie Loaf, Courtesy of Green Valley Spa.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cauliflower, minced
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1/4 cup Swiss chard
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 cup tofu, crumbled
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 teaspoons Jensens Protein Seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook rice according to the package.
- Mix artichoke, mushrooms, cauliflower, carrots, Swiss chard, minced onion, garlic, and tomatoes together.
- Crumble tofu into mixture and add egg whites.
- Stir in soy sauce, protein seasoning, and onion powder.
- Add rice and mix everything together.
- Put into a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
- Place almonds in a baking dish and bake for 2 to 3 minutes in the oven while baking loaf. Serve with almonds sprinkled on top.