Fortunately, the delicately flavored and versatile almond is available throughout the year to make a healthy and tasty addition to both sweet and savory dishes.
This recipe is compliments of Lake Austin Spa Resort By Terry Conlan
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 package reduced fat cheese ravioli
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a food processor. Add the oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper and continue to blend. Set aside. Cut a small “X” into the bottom of each tomato. Blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Peel, seed and chop. Cook the ravioli according to package directions. Toss with pesto and tomatoes.