Get your chocolate fix without the dairy. This recipe can also be adapted to Frozen Chocolate Pops which you will see a recipe for below.
- 1/2 – 1/3 cup sugar (I prefer mine on the sweeter side, but if you don’t go with 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (I did not taste any coconut using this milk, but almond or soy could work if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, whisk together the corn starch, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Be sure to break up any lumps so that the pudding comes out nice and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the coconut milk over low heat, and continue to stir until the mixture starts to thicken (about 10 minutes). Continue to stir for 2 to 3 minutes until it reaches a good thickness, and stir in your vanilla. Pour into your serving dish or individual dishes.
- Let the pudding cool for 10 minutes or so, cover and chill for three hours.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pops
makes 4 – 6 popsicles, depending on the size of your molds
Follow recipe above to make chocolate pudding. After allowing the pudding to cool for ten minutes or so, divide your pudding into your popsicle molds, and freeze for at least three hours. These will become soft quite quickly, so remove them from the freezer immediately before serving.
– Recipe contributed by Lyndsay Homme of MilkFreeMom.com