“Hummus as a whole contains plenty of Omega 3 fatty acids, which are great for improving intelligence and maintaining a healthy heart. On top of it all, this dish also has iron, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, folic acid, and amino acids. Tryptophan, phenylalanine, and tyrosine are the amino acids found in hummus that can promote good quality sleep and uplift one’s mood.” – 3FC, For more info on the health benefits of Hummus, visit www.3fatchicks.com
- 16 ounces cooked chick peas (Garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons Tahini (Sesame seed paste)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Puree all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Chill.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread and/or raw vegetable sticks.
Yields 3 cups
10 calories 0.4 grams fat per tablespoon
This recipe was contributed by Lake Austin Spa Resort