I love banana bread! Warm from the oven with just a dab of soft butter…delicious! However, eating this daily (and I could eat it everyday I love it so much) would not be the best for maintaining a healthy diet. I was beyond excited when I came across this recipe for a healthier version of Banana Bread on allrecipes.com. This recipe uses non-fat yogurt and eliminates the salt to create a very moist and great tasting banana bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Beat butter, yogurt, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into butter mixture before adding the next. Stir in mashed bananas until well blended. Pour banana mixture to flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Transfer batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.