This mostly raw salad is healthy, flavorful and great for those with food sensitivities.
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 6-8 mini sweet peppers- tops and seeds removed, sliced into rings
- 1 small red onion- Cut in half and thinly slice the onion
- 2Tb toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2Tb tamari low sodium (or soy sauce)
- 2Tb rice vinegar
- 1/2 chopped avocado
- 1tsp Sriracha sauce
- Strip kale leaves from stems and chop or tear into bite-sized pieces. Add kale and prepped vegetables to a large bowl.
- Place all dressing items into a deep container and using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Pour the dressing on top of the vegetables. Begin to knead the dressing into the kale until the kale has softened and all vegetables are coated.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes and serve.
- Top with pumpkin seeds or almonds if desired. You can store for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
Makes 4 servings
Approximately 150 calories per serving