Nothing says summer like the smell of shish kabobs on the grill. This is a simple and healthy recipe for this weekends BBQ with friends and family. It serves 12 and takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 15 mins to cook. The real time consumer is the 2 hours or more for marinating. So prepare this one in advance to ensure the best flavors.
“A marinade made with honey, soy sauce, pepper, and garlic puts a sweet coating on chicken pieces in this honey chicken shish kabob.”
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
Calories: 178 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12.4 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Fat: 6.6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 17.4 g
Sodium: 442 mg