Cilantro-Lime Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps from Mountain Mama Cooks
Lean ground turkey tacos are packed full of flavor thanks to the cilantro-lim salsa they are cooked in! Guilt free and gluten free too.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 small or 1@ medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup your favorite green salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1-2 heads of iceberg lettuce (depending on size)
- diced avocado and tomatoes for garnish
- In a food processor, add onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and green salsa. Pulse until a smooth salsa consistency is reached; set aside.
- In a medium non-stick sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up any large pieces, for 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt; stir.
- Add salsa to turkey and stir to combine and cook until turkey is cooked through about 5 minutes more. Add chicken stock, turn heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let turkey mixture sit while you prepare the lettuce cups.
- Tear off large pieces of lettuce that are big enough to hold about 1/3 cup of ground turkey. Top each lettuce cup with diced tomato, avocado and extra cilantro if desired. If you’re like me, load it with hot sauce too!
Recipe By: Mountain Mama Cooks