This is a fresh and healthy twist to the traditional kebabs you might be planning for Monday’s BBQ this Labor Day. It’s a simple dish with the perfect amount of jalapeño to adorn plump shrimp and sweet plums. Char these up on the grill and you will have a hit amongst your fans!
Shrimp & Plum Kebabs
You will need four 10-inch skewers for this recipe. Also, if you’re not a fan of jalapeño, try green pepper instead. You can also switch out plumbs for peaches.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, or toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 raw shrimp, (8-12 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 2 plums, pitted and cut into sixths
- Whisk oil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl to use as dressing. Add shrimp, jalapeños and plums to the remaining marinade; toss to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Make 4 kebabs, alternating shrimp, jalapeños and plums evenly among four 10-inch skewers. (Discard the marinade.) Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Drizzle with the reserved dressing.