I like to drink green smoothies almost every day and highly encourage everyone to give them a try. To keep it simple and tasty here is a recipe to get you started. Watch the video below to see how easy it is!
You need a high quality blender to make this Energizer. Make and drink half of this recipe 45 minutes prior to your run or within 30 minutes upon your return. Refrigerate any leftover Energizer in an airtight container and drink within 8 hours.
Place in blender in the following order:
- 1-1 1⁄2 C water (You can also use 1⁄2 water and 1⁄2 non-dairy milk for a creamier version)
- 1⁄2 frozen banana
- 1⁄2 scoop vegan Vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp. whole flax seed
- 1 small zucchini or cucumber, peeled if not organic
- 1 large handful mild lettuce or spinach, fresh
Cherry Flavor: I have recently started using Genesis Pure Cherry E2 workout powder. It offers a natural sweet boost to my juices and smoothies and more importantly…MORE Energy. This is so much better than bottled fuel drinks that have a lot of sugar, artificial colors and sweeteners.
You can order it HERE
- Add 1⁄2 scoop of Cherry E2 – or you can throw in a few frozen cherries.
Blend until smooth. Add liquid until you reach the desired consistency and enjoy. Happy Running!!