This recipe is by Canyon Ranch and takes full advantage of this summers fresh vegetables. The trick is to cut all of the vegetables into similar-size pieces so that each forkful offers a mix of flavors. This is hearty enough for a vegetarian lunch or could be portioned smaller for a side dish.
Chopped Vegetable & Bean Salad
Makes 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup carrots (diced)
- 1/4 cup purple onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup olives (diced black pitted)
- 3/4 tsp fresh oregano (chopped)
- 2 tsps fresh basil (chopped)
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white beans (cooked, home-cooked or canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (cooked, home-cooked or canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup hearts of palm (chopped)
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Beat well.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add salad dressing and toss lightly.
- Divide equally among 4 salad bowls.