Another great recipe from Melissa King of My Whole Food Life. For the mothers out there who have had to tell to your little ones, “No cookies for breakfast!” now you get to break all the rules and have these cookies for breakfast! They are healthy and made with hearty whole grain oats to get you going in the morning or keep you going in the afternoon.
“This almond butter cookie recipe is so easy and can be made in under 20 minutes. The best part? They are healthy enough to eat for breakfast! This recipe will also work with peanut butter or sunflower butter.”- Melissa King, My Whole Food Life
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas smashed
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 T maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas.
- In a saucepan, on medium to low heat, mix the bananas and nut butter just enough to melt the nut butter a bit.
- Add that mixture to a bowl with the oats and salt and mix well.
- Spoon batter onto lined baking sheets
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
These cookies should last a couple weeks in the fridge and you can also freeze them for extended storage.