This Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Pie recipe by Gluten Free Yumms is made with walnuts, pumpkin, chia and sunflower seeds, pumpkin and gluten-free rolled oats. This breakfast pie is not sweet, at all. There’s no sugar added unless you drizzle a little maple syrup over the top. Which the recipe author highly recommends. This is a great make ahead recipe and pulled out a slice out each morning.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Pie
- 2 cups uncooked oatmeal
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, shelled
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oatmeal, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, yogurt, egg and vanilla.
- Add pumpkin mixture into oatmeal mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake on center rack for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is brown and firm to touch.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into pie slices and serve warm. Drizzle each served slice with maple syrup.
Recipe by Gluten Free Yumms, with recipes highlighting naturally gluten-free ingredienta and simple ways to make a timeless classic gluten-free recipes.