This was a great find and a great choice for healthy snacking! Something about finding a recipe for delicious, but healthy snacks makes my heart sing.
Rosemary and Sea Salt Sweet Potato Chips
Originally published at: Feast on the Cheap. Visit them for other great recipes and ideas.
1 large sweet potato
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp dried rosemary, chopped into bits
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed or run through a garlic press
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the oil and garlic together. Set aside.
3. Wash, scrub and dry the sweet potato. Then, using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the sweet potato into very thin rounds
4. Lightly brush the parchment with some of the oil mixture. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and gently brush one side of the potatoes with the oil/garlic mixture and sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper, and the chopped rosemary
5. Bake for 40 minutes, flip, and continue to bake for a further 30-40 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned with the edges curled up.
6. Remove from the heat, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
Recipe created by MARY ANNE & MARIEL: A mother-daughter duo starring a professional caterer and a fledgling foodie.