What could be better than eating your veggies and loving it? This classic mediterranean dish adds some pizazz to the regular side-dish lineup. Mid-January is quickly approaching, and dedication to any 2015 resolutions are now being put to the test. Meeting your fitness goals is easy when you supplement your workout with tasty, guilt-free meal option such as these. As an added bonus, this dish is quick and simple to whip up on a whim!
Greek Tomato Salad
Ingredients: (2-3 Servings)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- ½ of a cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 8 kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. low-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp . basil
- ⅛ tsp. sugar
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Combine all veggies and feta cheese into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, and spices.
- Pour the whisked mixture over the veggies and toss the salad accordingly.
Photo courtesy of Jen Nikoulas. Original recipe published on Yummy Healthy Easy.
Jen, of the blog Yummy Healthy Easy, posts recipes that are taste-tested by her So-Cal family. All of her recipes are simple and delicious–the perfect solution for busy families that want to make healthy meals a priority. For more from Jen, check out amazing blog: Yummy Healthy Easy and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.