Don’t let winter get you in a rut with your culinary craft, whip up some Banana Brown Betty to top off a cozy day spent indoors! Slow-cookers are a great kitchen tool for those that prefer to prepare meals in advance. As a more economical option, slow-cookers are great for maintaining the moist quality needed for this dish as well as limiting the risk of burning. Patience is a virtue and this delight will definitely be worth the wait. In just two hours, your house will be full of a lovely aroma and your bowl full of some Banana Brown Betty.
Banana Brown Betty
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed white bread (see Note)
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar or granulated natural sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy or rum or 1 teaspoon brandy or rum extract
For detailed directions that explain how to prepare this healthy sweet, visit Pickles & Honey.