Combining sweet and savory ingredients makes for an irresistible dish, especially in the case of this Apple-Feta salad. Perhaps what I truly love about this recipe is that it reminds me of summer and sunny days! With the weather warming up, this Apple-Feta salad may be just what you need to tide you over till Spring’s arrival. For a lower calorie option, you may leave out or lessen the bacon that the recipe calls for. If you’re feeling rather ambitious, this recipe includes instructions for making your own balsamic vinaigrette. Give it a try, and comment below to share how it turned out!
Chicken Apple Bacon Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
- 1 3/4 lbs cooked chicken breasts, diced into strips* (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 3 medium apples, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted or candied walnuts
- 7 – 9 oz spring mix & spinach lettuce blend
- 6 oz crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To get detailed instructions on how to prepare this irresistible Apple Feta Salad visit the blog Cooking Classy.
Jaclyn, of the blog Cooking Classy collects recipes that are reflective of her healthy lifestyle. All of her recipes are simple and delicious–the perfect solution for busy families that want to make healthy meals a priority. To stay updated with all things Cooking Classy, connect on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.