You’ll have to trust me on this one– this edition of Recipe Redo is adventurous and ambitious! For the brownie lovers of the world, this may be just the healthy solution you’ve been searching for to satisfy your chocolate cravings. The ingredients to this brownie spin may seem weird (black beans and avocados we are looking at you), but my bet is that you won’t be able to resist sneaking a taste out of the brownie batter bowl. It’s a win-win situation for the reformed chocoholics: you can have your brownies and get in your veggies at the same time! The best part? This recipe is gluten-free and vegan approved! Enjoy and as always, comment below and share what you think!
Flourless Black Bean Avocado Brownies
- 1 large flax egg
- 1 – 15oz can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium to large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
Monique is the face behind the healthy-eats blog Ambitious Kitchen. Her recipes are a creative and delicious take on eating fresh. For more from Monique and all things Ambitious Kitchen, connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.