Let’s talk grilling. Yes, it’s summer so make use of your outdoor appliance and soak up some rays while preparing dinner! Don’t let grilling intimidate you. It’s not a difficult skill to master and makes for a delicious way to use those fresh veggies from your garden. All it takes is an attentive eye, patience and a can-do attitude and you are well on your way to enjoying summer’s signature dishes. Try this recipe for starters, I know it’ll have your mouth watering for more. Feel free to mix and match veggies depending on what you have available or what your favorite veggie of the moment is. What’s really lovely about this recipe is the vinaigrette that you’ll marinate all of the veggies in. Somehow, it gives the veggies the same flavor and makes them extra delicious. So get to the grill, enjoy some sun and fresh veggies!
Rainbow Vegetable Skewers
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 yellow squash, halved and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered then cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 purple potatoes, halved
This recipe was originally published on Gimme Some Oven, check out their site to find detailed instructions on how to grill these Veggie Kabobs.
Ali, of the blog Gimme Some Oven strives to make recipes that are quick, enjoyable by all and fun to prepare. All of the blog’s recipes are simple and delicious–the perfect solution for busy families that want to make healthy meals a priority. For more from Ali and Gimme Some Oven, connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.