I’m always searching for recipes that incorporate veggies into my life in new, fun and unexpected ways! This recipe initially caught my eye for just that reason; this unique twist on serving veggies for dinner allows you to use up your pantry’s contents. Veggies pockets allow room for you to mix and match your favorite veggies to try new combinations and tastes. If you are without access to phyllo dough, no need to fear– try using vegan puff pastry! Happy cooking! Comment below to share your favorite veggie combinations.
Phyllo Veggie Pockets
Makes 4 large pockets
- 1 package phyllo dough, thawed (or try this puff pastry from Trader Jo’s)
- 4 cups roasted veggies (butternut, potato, onion, bell pepper, etc)
- 3 garlic cloves (roast them with the veggies)
- 1 cup chopped greens (swiss chard, spinach, kale, etc)
- Thyme leaves from 6 sprigs
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup feta (omit if making vegan)
- 4 Tablespoons butter (or coconut oil if making vegan), melted
- Seseame seeds, for garnish
Detailed directions can be found by heading over to find the original recipe on Vegetarian Ventures.