Here’s your solution for those crunchy cravings: Homemade Vanilla Almond Granola. Manufactures tend to sneak in tons of extra sugar into granola and granola bars alike, but with this recipe you can outsmart that ingredient list with your own spin! This healthier alternative goes great atop greek yogurt to add an extra yummy crunch. Or, simply add milk for a healthy take on cereal! Better yet, just eat it by the handful for a quick afternoon snack. Don’t shy away from this recipe if you’ve never taken a crack at making granola – if you only slightly know your way around the kitchen you’ll definitely be able to make this recipe! Happy baking!
Vanilla Almond Granola
- 2 and 1/2 cups (200g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (100g) slivered almonds1
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (yes, Tablespoon)
For detailed instructions for this recipe and more, visit the original recipe on Sally’s Baking Addiction. For even more healthy versions of your favorite recipes, check out their Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.