Stuck in a salad rut? Don’t let your salad be drab – shake up your summer salad routine with season specific ingredients! Strawberries and avocados make great salad toppers, but really what makes this recipe a stand-out is the poppyseed dressing and it’s bold taste. If you haven’t made your own salad dressing before, don’t let a lack of experience scare you away from trying it out! It’ll only take a few extra minutes of preparation, just be sure to season to taste. Need more protein? Add in some chicken! As always, feel free to customize this recipe to fit your tastebuds and share what works best for you! Happy Friday!
Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
For the salad:
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced (or you can double this to 2 avocados!)
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- poppyseed dressing (recipe below)
For the poppyseed dressing:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or any oil, such as olive oil)
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- pinch of ground dry mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
This recipe was originally published on Gimme Some Oven, check out their site to find detailed instructions on how to toss up this summer salad.
Ali, of the blog Gimme Some Oven strives to make recipes that are quick, enjoyable by all and fun to prepare. All of the blog’s recipes are simple and delicious–the perfect solution for busy families that want to make healthy meals a priority. For more from Ali and Gimme Some Oven, connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.