Homemade gourmet is a definite do – and something that you can accomplish too! If you’re looking for a protein packed dish to serve the family, look no further than this Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken from Chef Hicham at Hilton Head Health. With a variety of fresh flavors and tastes, this recipe is anything but boring. So, shake up that repetitive weeknight menu and stun your family’s tastebuds with this Mediterranean twist. Enjoy and happy cooking! Be sure to let us know how this dish worked for you and your family by sharing in the comment section below!
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken
- 4 oz. Chicken breast, sliced with pocket for vegetables and ingredients
- 1 oz. Spinach, steamed
- 2 T. Mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 T. Sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. Goat cheese, crumbled5 each Pine nuts
- 1/4 oz. White truffle shavings (from can, use minimal per serving)
- 1/2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
1. Prepare ingredients that go into the chicken breast and set aside.
2. Layer the ingredients in the chicken breast as follows:
- 1 oz. cooked spinach
- 1 tsp. goat cheese
- 1 T. sundried tomatoes
- 2 T. mushrooms
- 5 pine nuts
- ¼ oz. White truffle shavings
3. Season stuffed chicken breast with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Pan-sear each side of the chicken breast until golden brown.
5. Finish chicken breast in oven until finished.
- Serves: 1
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 8 grams
- Protein: 27 grams