Creating a stockpile of healthy recipes is essential for a busy family! If you’re looking to fill up that recipe box with quick on-the-go meals, this recipe fits the bill. A fresh take on the Americana “sloppy joes,” you’ll swap out ground beef for some white meat and a sweet pineapple salsa. You will need ample time to let all those flavors simmer together in a slow cooker, so be sure to start preparation in time for the crockpot to cook overnight or while the kiddos are at school. Serve with a flour tortilla or sans bread, either way is delicious! Happy cooking!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups tomato salsa (your choice: hot, medium or mild)
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks in 100% juice (reserve juice)
- ¾ cup pineapple juice from can
- whole-wheat tortillas
- reduced-fat, shredded Mexican cheese blend
- green onion
- brown rice
View the original recipe on Skinny Mom for a step-by-step guide to preparation. Want more? The lifestyle blog Skinny Mom’s family-centered content is available on several different social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.