In need of an exotic vacay? Don’t let your distance from a tropical location hold you back. Bring the luxury and relaxation home for an end-of-summer staycation. Be sure to eat like you are on vacation too! With this Pistachio Encrusted Salmon on your plate, you may feel that your kitchen transformed into a posh restaurant. Thanks to Chef Hicham and Hilton Head Health for this recipe! Be sure to let us know how this dish worked for you. Enjoy!
Pistachio Encrusted Salmon
Pistachio & Seed Mixture (per serving):
- ½ tsp. Pistachios, minced
- ½ tsp. Almonds, minced
- ½ tsp. Sesame seeds (can do mix of black and white)
- 4 oz. Salmon
- 1 tsp. White balsamic glaze, evenly divided
- 1/8th tsp. Salt
- 1/8th tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Nut & Seed mixture –see above
- Prepare the nut mixture and set aside.
- Add ½ tsp. of white balsamic glaze to flesh side of salmon then season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a small sauté pan to medium high heat then add ¼ tsp. of olive oil followed by searing the salmon for ~2 minutes.
- Once slightly seared, remove pan off heat then top salmon with ½ tsp. of balsamic glaze + 1 ½ tsp. of the nut & seeds mixture.
- Finish salmon in the oven until the skin is crispy or the salmon is cooked through.
- Serves: 1
- Serving Size: 4 oz. prepared encrusted salmon
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 10 gm
- Protein: 23 gm