As the leaves change and the temperature cools, try switching up your menu a bit too! The best menus reflect a seasonal diet – one the is in tune with the current harvest. So, gather what remains from the your garden’s squash harvest for some Butternut Squash Soup with a Spice Popcorn garnish. What I particularly love about this recipe is that it combines a autumn classic with a surprising twist for an extra crunch. Enjoy!
Butternut Squash Soup with Spiced Popcorn
For the soup:
- 2-3 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2-3 apples, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 knob of celery root, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. blended oil Salt and pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the popcorn:
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme and sage
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 quarts of vegetable stock
- 1 container of soy milk
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 quart of popped popcorn (spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and maple sugar)
- Sauté first four ingredients in vegetable oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, thyme and sage.
- Add buttermilk, vegetable stock, soy milk and maple syrup and simmer until squash is tender.
- Blend until smooth and top off with spiced popcorn as garnish.
Awaken Your Senses at The Lodge at Woodloch | Premier All-Inclusive Destination PA Spas
The Perfect Weekend Getaway from New York City
The Lodge at Woodloch embraces a philosophy of personal awakening. As so many individuals get swept up in the whirlwind of life, our luxury Poconos resort gives you an opportunity to shift from your everyday routine and re-focus on yourself. You are able to reconnect to creative and stress-relieving outlets that will continue to benefit you long after you leave.
An escape to The Lodge will allow you to re-discover your passions or uncover new hobbies, and to leave feeling re-invigorated and re-energized. By offering choices for relaxation, fitness and wellness classes, outdoor adventures, creative discovery workshops, cooking demonstrations and wine tastings as well as opportunities for personal development through unique speakers and events, a pathway to awakening is beckoning.